Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day




I respect and look up to my dad for so many reasons.

I have seen him as a teacher- year after year staying incredibly dedicated to students that desperately needed his gentle and patient guidance.  

I have seen him as a coach- giving freely of his time, and treating each girl on the team the same, regardless of her talent or ability, believing in them and encouraging them.

I have seen him as a father to my brothers- supporting them, loving them, and giving them an awesome example of what a strong, generous, and family-oriented man looks like.  

I have seen him as a husband- loving and caring for my mom in the most selfless and passionate way.  My dad showed me what marriage and commitment looks like, even in the midst of the most difficult trials.  

And I have been blessed to see my dad as a father to me, his only daughter.  I never have to doubt my dad's love for me.  Thanks dad.  For all the afternoons in the backyard playing softball, for making me practice my math flashcards (even though I always cried), for teaching me how to drive in the high school parking lot, for sitting through all the band concerts and piano recitals, for allowing me to have a great education, for everything.  I love you, Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment