Monday, February 7, 2011

Eucharisteo

I am currently reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, which is opening up my heart and bringing me before the Lord in new and awesome ways.  I am humbled by what I am learning.  I can't help but share with you part of what I learned today.

"The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."
1 Corinthians 11:23

Jesus, on the night he was betrayed by a dear friend, offers thanksgiving to God.  Jesus, on the night before his Father allows him to be humiliated andhang on a cross to die, offers thanksgiving.  Jesus gives thanksgiving for even the very thing that will break him, crush him, wound him... and ultimately bring joy.

I need to let that sink in for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment