Monday, January 10, 2011

YHWY

"The letters of the name of God in Hebrew are infrequently prononced Yahweh.  But in truth they are inutterable...  This word {YHWY} is the sound of breathing.  The holiest name in the world, the name of the Creator, is the sound of your own breathing.  That these letters are unpronouncable is no accident.  Just as it is no accident that they are also the root letters of the Hebrew verb "to be".  God's name is the name of Being itself."
-Rabbi Lawrence Kushner


 


Today, I am focusing on breathing...
 

1 comment:

  1. I need to do more of that. To extend the metaphor, I feel like when stress and anxiety take over in my spirit I start to spiritually hyperventilate and don't draw deeply into my lungs the oxygen of restoration. I needed this today! So thank you!

    ReplyDelete