Wednesday, September 22, 2010

beautiful.

Beauty:

As I grow older, I have become more certain of what beauty is (yet I still have a long way to go to make these truths take root in my heart). It isn't found in the aisles at Target, on the cover of a magazine, or on the screen in front of you. I am beautiful simply because God made me so. Not because of the clothes I wear, my haircut, or the number on the scale. I am beautiful because I am sensitive, caring, and passionate about what I love. I am beautiful because of who I am, and Who made me. I am learning to embrace that. When I look in the mirror I see my mother, and I am proud of the woman I have grown up to be. Beauty is my 90 year old grandmother and the stories she has to tell. Beauty is the dad working hard all day at his job, and coming home to spend time with his kids. Beauty the boy coming in last at his high school cross country race, yet holding his head high because he gave it everything he had. Beauty is sitting down to dinner surrounded by your family. Beauty is so, so much more then what our culture tells us it is. Thank you Jesus for challenging that.

No comments:

Post a Comment